“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
Mold naturally grows everywhere and it is impossible to completely remove from any property. Mold spores are microscopic, so they exist naturally almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors. Many restoration businesses advertise "mold removal", but we understand the difference between removal and remediation. We can't guarantee that we can completely get rid of mold, but we can use our SERVPRO cleaning products and processes to remediate the mold issue. SERVPRO of La Crosse County can guarantee that our remediation process will clean your property and personal items from the visible large amounts of mold that are harmful. The key is to prevent mold growth by keeping environments dry and free of moisture.
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (608) 786-0387
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (608) 786-0387
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of La Crosse County | SERVPRO of Adams, Crawford, Vernon, South Monroe & South Juneau is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 2140 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: